Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Explaination

Wow, I rarely post multiple blog posts in one day. But I feel like I am getting a little ahead of myself.
I feel the need to explain the motivational list on the right side bar of my blog.

I decided that for motivational purposes, I should write a list of reasons for me to eat healthier, exercise more, and essentially, lose weight and tone up. Enjoy.

#1~ Beat "Her". There is a woman that I know who has made it her life's mission to be better than me at everything. If I buy something, she buys it bigger and better. If I do something, she does it bigger and better. She's joining me on a particular crusade down the line in 2009, and I plan on winning this time around. Side by side we will start. But I will finish first.
#2~ Disc/Agility Handler. I have a dog who I want to compete with in disc and agility. I am a 'heavy handler' and I dont care for it. A dog can only be as good as it's handler, right? My weight and fitness level is holding her back. That needs to change. A 4 minute game of tug with a dog shouldn't have me panting and sweating. Even if the dog happens to be an Aussie.
#3~ Hunting Trip. I have been invited on a normally all guys hunting trip for the upcoming season. I will be the only woman on this trip. How cool would it be to also be the hottest person on the trip? The lightest person on the trip? I will be sharing a cabin with these guys. Eating meals with these guys. If I'm already being seen as "one of the guys", I might as well be hot, too, right?
#4~ Seeing JDS. Okay, this one is purely a greedy, personal challenge for me. I will be seeing an ex soon at an event. JD and I had an interesting relationship that I really can't expand on except to say that it was a bitter battle the entire 2 years we were together, and while I may be strong, he was still able control and take over most of the time. We have gone to great lengths these past 5 years to not bump into each other. But, because of a weird friend/family connection, seeing him at this event is inevitable. And it's going to be a long evening event that will put us back together in the same room for 8+ hours. So I need to knock his socks off, for my own peace of mind. I've already made him regret pushing me around for too long. But I have yet to make his jaw drop.
#5~ Triathlon. You all know I registered for this sprint length triathlon. Well, I need to bust some ass in this race! I dont plan on coming in last! I dont plan on struggling through the entire thing. I plan on shocking people. So I gotta get fit.
#6~ And of course, last but certainly not least, my health. This is the most important reason why I need to lose weight. I dont want diabetes. I dont want heart disease. I dont want weak, achey joints for the rest of my life soley because I dont have the willpower to lay off the Twinkies. The road I am headed down right now, well.. Its not a pretty one. Its full of doctor visits and terror.

These are the reasons that I am keeping in front of my face at all times. These are the things that are going to make it easy to choose the gym instead of the couch. These are the things that are going to make it easy to bring my lunch instead of hitting a drive through. These are the things that are going to save my life.
~Love Em~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Em! Those are some excellent motivators!