Monday, March 16, 2009

Starting Over

It's hard, counting the times that I have tried and failed, tried and failed. How many times have I looked at that doughnut and said "I'll start my training tomorrow" or "I'll start eating healthy on Monday" or or or... And how many times has that day come and gone without any success?

It seems the more I want to lose weight, the harder I try, the more weight I seem to gain instead. I dont quite understand it... But I think it has something to do with the muscle loss to fat gain ratio or something. The weight gain is not from muscle gain however, as my inches tend to jump as well.

What a long, painful, difficult, frustrating journey. Just when you think you're on the right path, it forks and I almost always choose the wrong direction. I hate that I have such a love for food. I love food, and I'm not afraid to admit it. A year ago, you would have heard me ranting about how I hate cooking because I suck at it. Well, the truth was, I just didnt know how. I started working at it, and it turns out that I am actually a fabulous cook. In the past year I am becoming known for my cooking skills. Not to toot my own horn or anything... But at the same time, I dont believe in 'light' or 'fat free' or 'low fat', etc etc etc. Its crap. Regular fat or diet fat, fat is fat. Sour cream and butter is still sour cream and butter whether or not you buy it in its regular form or its diet form.

Yesterday I had the time of my life, meeting amazing new people and stunning, talented dogs. Athletes is what they all were. The spring Disc Dog event had a spectacular turnout. This morning, when photos were posted of the fun, my revelation photo was posted.

A revelation posted is that photo that turns your life around. Sure, you will come across many photos you dont like of yourself. But the revelation photo is different. Its the one that you keep coming back to because you are trying to figure out who that person is, trying to find yourself inside of it. And you just cant.

I know what needs to be done now. And I know that if I dont start taking it seriously that I am going to be in serious trouble soon with my health. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to blog about it. And when I am comfortable enough, I will post my revelation photo.

I have a dog. I have a couple of dogs in fact. And they are both a bit overweight. They arent bad, but they arent perfect either. And it was mentioned yesterday that Frankie needs to lose a few pounds if I am going to be asking her to perform. Its for her own good. And its for my own good. Winters here in Minnesota are brutal to say the least, and many of us shut down for a couple of months. It certainly affects our animals. I can honestly say that I got my dogs out walking, on average, 3 days a week during the coldest 2 months of winter. And it shows, on all of us.

So follow me. Offer your support or criticism or comments. I need you.

~Love Em~

1 comment:

Page C said...

Great start Emily!